Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
By providing programs that serve the body, mind and soul, we help alleviate the symptoms of poverty - and work to address the root cause.
46.7 million Americans live below the poverty line. 60 million more live one crisis away.
Sadly, children raised in poverty are 32% more likely to remain there than their more fortunate peers.
Poverty is so often the result of - and the catalyst for - chronic struggles with hunger, addiction, housing insecurity, mental illness, unemployment, educational voids and various forms of abuse. These interconnected struggles continue year after year, and often span generations. That's why The Salvation Army works to meet the needs of the whole person through short and long-term assistance - first alleviating the symptoms of poverty and then addressing the root issues that cause it.
We help local individuals and families with emergency rent assistance.
Rent Assistance requirements:
1. Residence in Loveland / Berthoud area.
2. Lease or rent agreement signed by the applicant and the property owner.
3. Picture ID for the applicant.
4. Documentation of unexpected expenses or explanation why the person needs rent assistance.
5. Maximum amount of assistance available $300 per household, one time in a 12-month period.
6. Appointment is required. To schedule an appointment for rent assistance, please call 970-699-8380 on the last business day of the month at 11am.
We can provide bus passes for the COLT and FLEX bus systems.
We can provide wheelchair ramp construction in partnership with Disabled Resource Services and Volunteers of America
We offer classes in computer basics, Microsoft Word, Internet Use, Gmail, Excel, and Power Point.
Seasonal Assistance & Programs
Additional Services Include:
Our service unit can offer assistance with the following items, in addition to the above mentioned services: